PL/SQL is a high-performance, highly integrated database language which is hosted inside an Oracle execution environment. Oracle server PL/SQL stored procedures bundled in PL/SQL packages can resolve almost any task of data processing for the company.
In particularly, PL/SQL packages can be used for:
- Oracle Internal data processing & transformations combining all features of Oracle SQL and the language procedural capabilities.
- Extended data consistency support which can not be implemented through the database constraints.
- External (files and other databases) data processing.
- Scheduling and control of data processing tasks
- Interface with large objects and SecureFile LOBs.
- Interface with external C and Java applications.
Oracle Server PL/SQL Design and Development
We offer expert level and the best practices of Oracle Server PL/SQL design & development:
- Separation of application logic implementation through multi-packages design approach.
- Flexible, robust and self-documented code driven by meta-rule based approach.
- Extensive use of PL/SQL collections, bulk processing and dynamic PL/SQL.
- PL/SQL code tuning with PL/SQL hierarchical profiler and DBMS_TRACE package
- PL/SQL function result cache.
Encapsulation of application business logic inside persistent modules
like PL/SQL packages brings a lot of advantages, in particularly: